Monday, August 17, 2009

True Leaders Still Listen

Photo: Aztech New Media


True leaders still listen carefully to others, knowing that this quality does not signal weakness or indecision but the greatest sort of wisdom. They invest the time and effort to understand before they speak. They embrace friends who can offer many different perspectives. Their greatest reward is not personal power but the opportunity to hear ... (Larry G. Jent in The Upper Room Disciplines - 2006, 16 August)

******

I continue to study Google Sites. I found several more tutorial videos that were quite well down and very informative. A series produced at Radford University in Radford, VA wer particularly helpful.

If I decide to create a genealogy website with Google Sites I'm leaning towards making the website accessible by invitation only. This would allow me to be certain I know everyone who has access to the information. I think this might be a good idea because in the past some people have objected to finding information about their family on the Internet. I'd like to avoid such issues in the future.

I posted another Yoho obituary to my Obituary Blog. My friend, Betty of Wheeling, WV sent me an envelope of clippings. Thank you Betty.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: