Monday, August 31, 2009

Being Just

Photo: Aztech New Media


We do not have ... power over our parents -- over their feelings, or over the course of their lives. We do not have to allow them to have this kind of power over us. (Melody Beattie, The Language of Letting Go, 27 August)

You cannot be completely just. One time you do too little, the other time you do too much. There is only one way not to sin against justice; always to change things, to improve things, to make them better. (Leo Tolstoy, A Calendar of Wisdom, 26 August)

You should live in such a way that you can confide anything on your mind. (Leo Tolstoy, A Calendar of Wisdom, 28 July)

******

It's an interesting experience when we have to learn to operate another computer. Sometimes the program settings are different. Sometimes the same programs aren't installed on every computer. Sometimes the versions of the software are not the same. And, the feel of the keyboards is never the same.

Yesterday I found a way to add a "visitor counter" to the Google Sites website I am working on. It was the first time I ever added generated HTML code to a page that I created. It was neat to see how that works.

I spent lots of time yesterday watching television. I watched the Formula One race and parts of both Little League finals. Last night I watch part of the 1935 movie, "Munity on the Bounty" that I recorded from the TCM channel. Today the U.S. Open tennis starts. I'll be busy helping Melva record the matches.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: