Thursday, August 27, 2009

Things Are Going to Happen

Photo: Aztech New Media

Things are going to happen, and you have a choice: you can be a witness or a participant. A witness observes and learns. A participant creates drama and stress. (Iyanla Vanzant, Faith in the Valley, p. 257)

To create a balanced life, I must exercise some self-discipline. (Courage to Change, 14 August)

Spend time alone in objective thought as you consider the direction of your life. (I Ching (The Reflective) in Acts of Faith, Iyanla Vanzant, 17 August)

*****

I was able to connect my Gateway desktop computer to the Internet using the high speed FIOS connection for the first time. I'm still working on a problem with the CD drives on this computer. I was able to sign on to AOL and to attend the Family Treehouse chatroom last night. I was also able to use the Internet Explorer without going through AOL. I'm grateful because I'm not ready to rush out to buy another computer. I know it will be a long drawn-out process to learn a new operating system and to install new software. For now, I'm able to receive and send Email and post to my various blogs. I'm content with that.

There was a photo CD in the laptop when it failed. At first I didn't have a clue on how to open the door when the computer won't boot up. I tried the old paper clip in the hole trick this morning. It worked. That's a relief.

Barry was able to post the computer club minutes and to post the link from the "Meetings" page to the the minutes PDF file. He didn't need my help. After the laptop stopped working it would have been a big headache for me get FTP installed on the desktop computer. Thanks Barry for making that unnecessary.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: