Friday, August 14, 2009

Google Sites

Photo: Mr. Dickie


Send for some free government booklets, it gives you a sense that you're getting something back. (Andrew Frothingham and Tripp Evans, Wake Up and Smell the Coffee, 12 August)

It is interesting to recognize how the most innocent behavior has the potential of becoming ... addictive. (Ric Engram, Pace Yourself, 8 August.)

A man must spend his life, not hoard it. (William Barclay, The Gospel of Luke, p. 121)

Today is all the time I have. Nobody can keep me from using it well. If I make this a good day, tomorrow can be even better. (One Day at a Time in Al-Anon, 6 August)

*****

Yesterday, Melva and I went for an hour walk at Schrom Park. We walked four and a half laps and worked up a good sweat.

I learned how to use the page Table of Contents option in Google Sites. On a hunch I installed a Table of Contents at both the top and bottom of the page. It worked! This made it possible to move around in the document from "heading" to "heading" and to jump from the bottom of the page to the top of the page and vice versa. I also created a short "List" page. I'm not quite sure how people use that option. I created a Dashboard page and included calendar and map widgets. This is another option that I still don't have a good understanding of how it could be used. I created a File Cabinet and uploaded both a "text" file and a "PDF" file.

My friend, Betty, sent me some obituary clippings from the Wheeling, WV Intelligencer. I added one of them to my Google obituary blog. I hadn't done any posting to this blog in a long time.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: