Sunday, August 23, 2009

My Henthorn Website Google Group


We are so accustomed to masking our true feelings that we often lose touch with them. (Food For Thought, 3 August)

It makes sense to apply a grace period to our intimate relationships. We may need time to assess behavior, true intentions and performance history of the prospects. The fine-print issues such as habits, motive and background cannot be seen with closed eyes. (Iyanla Vanzant, Acts of Faith, 31 July)

When I catch myself feeling overwhelmed, or not being able to get anything done because there is so much to do that I don't know where to start, I'll stop for a moment and remind myself to take it one step, one task, one day at a time. (Courage to Change, 31 July)

Freedom from despair and frustration can come only from changing "in myself," the attitudes that are maintaining the conditions that cause me grief. (One Day at a Time in Al-Anon, 11 August)

******

Last night, after a tedious twenty-one mile drive on the Washington, DC beltway in the rain of Hurricane Bill and bumper to bumper traffic with lane changing, texting and talking on cellphones we made it safely to Cyndi's apartment. We went there to deliver her birthday gifts and eat our supper. We watched a DVD movie after we ate.

I've been making some changes and additions to my Henthorn Website group on Google. I updated the homepage with a list explaining the rules of using the site. I also created a page with links to my other blogs and to my bookmarks on Delicious. There doesn't seem to be much interest in the group. So far there are only eleven members and I do most of the posting. Oh well, it's fun to learn how a Google group works, or doesn't work.

There are problems with AOL on my laptop computer. It's locking up. I probably need to run a defragmentation. After that I'll try to install a working copy of version 9.1 if I can find it. I also can't use my printer right now. I need to conduct a search for the CD because I can't find the printer driver on the computer. I've probably already written that I don't have any idea what happened. I suppose it might be said, "The house of cards just fell down!" I hate when this stuff happens. I really don't have the mental disposition to deal with it.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: