Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Life Is Not Promised To You

Life is not promised to you. Nor is it promised that it will go the way you want it to, when you want it to. (Rosalind Cash in Faith in the Valley by Iyanla Vanzant, p. 249)

******

Yesterday my laptop computer stopped working. Another computer disaster which will be far worse than it should have been due to my own short-comings. Much to my surprise I was able to get my already damaged desktop computer to work on the high speed Internet connection. In the past I connected this computer to the Internet using a telephone line. There are serious issues with this computer too, but for the moment, I'll be able to check my Email if I'm not in a big hurry. Even though the Internet connection is high speed the computer seems to have some response problems. I've already posted messages about my computer problems and written some Emails about it. In the past when this kind of thing happened I have rationalized and said, "Maybe it is time to take a break from computing." Perhaps that's how I will deal with it this time. Needless to say, I'm not happy about this turn of events.

No comments: