Sunday, April 11, 2010

There's More Than Television

Few people take responsibility for their own actions; they prefer to blame someone or something else. (The One Year Mini For Men, 6 April)

******

Last night I decided to keep my hands off the remote. Instead I put on the headset to listen to some music while reading a few more pages of "Walden." One of my favorite singers is Tony Rice. It's wonderful that he made so many good albums before his voice gave out. I enjoyed listening to twenty-three tracks from the albums, "Cold on the Shoulder" and "Me & My Guitar." It was great to hear those songs again after months of not playing either album.

Be careful if you are considering joining the National Wildlife Federation. I made the mistake of providing them with my phone number and my Email address in addition to my mailing address. Silly me, I should have known better. Within less than a week they started to send me Email messages. I was very surprised when they had someone call me to ask for more money. My recommendation is, "Think twice before joining, unless you are willing to deal with the aggravation."

Mr. Dickie
11/Apr/2010 8:53

No comments: