Saturday, April 24, 2010

Gardening


There are so few who will take the time to face themselves and to face God; and how can a man meet the temptations, stresses and strains of life unless he has thought things out and thought them through. (William Barclay, The Letters to the Galatians, p. 14)

******

Rain is predicted for today and the next several days. Yesterday, to get ready for the rain, I spent several hours working in the yard. I trimmed around the edges and then mowed the yard. I gathered two bags of grass. I also picked up a bag of maple tree seeds from the gutter in front of our house and the one next door. In the evening Melva planted two more tomato plants. We are both enjoying the blooming azaleas. It's sad to see the damage that the winter snow did to the azaleas. Without putting myself in too much danger of falling I was able to reset two nails in a short piece of gutter that fell off the back of the carport. This didn't fix the problem. I think I'll need to hire someone to go up on the roof to do the job right.

The Washington hockey team lost the game last night. The series will now go to Montreal on Monday night.

Last night I recorded the Susan Sarandon episode of "Who Do You Think You Are?". I have my fingers crossed that I got it on tape. I want to watch the show without watching all of the commercial breaks and the review after each commercial.

Mr. Dickie
24/Apr/2010 8:27

No comments: