Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Books


I will devote myself to overcoming my flaws of character and controlling my impulsive words and actions. This will leave me no time to concern myself with remodeling ... [anyone else]. (One Day At A Time In Al-Anon, 8 April)

******
This morning I'm planning to take five crates of books to the library bookstore. I brought them up from the basement last night. After breakfast I loaded them into the minivan. The amazing thing is that it's hard to see any difference on the basement bookshelves. Maybe if I remove another five crates of books I'll begin to notice some progress. I need to set some book policies. I should read one and discard three before I buy one. This is a dangerous time of year because it will soon be warm enough for yard and garage sales. Then I will need to guard against the temptation to buy a twenty-five dollar book for a dollar.

Mr. Dickie
14/Apr/2010 7:57

No comments: