Sunday, April 18, 2010

I'm Booked Up


If you are constantly defending and rationalizing your actions to others, [it's time to take another inventory.] (After The One Year Inventory For Men, Richard E. Henthorn, 5 April)

All of us are hampered to some degree by our need to justify our actions and words. (One Day At A Time In Al-Anon, 10 April)

******

I continued to review the books in the basement. I found more that I'm willing to give up. I now have more than four crates ready to take to the library this week. The review revealed many books that I'm anxious to read. The question is, when do I think I'll read them? I can't read if I'm not willing to turn off the computer and the television. And, there is one more critical factor. If I want to read I must stay awake. I also have several books on audiotape. I've never had any luck with audiobooks. I suppose my mistake is trying to listen to them while lying down. It never works for me.

The pollen count from the trees is way up. This morning I'm feeling it in my right eye.

Mr. Dickie
18/Apr/2010 7:42

2 comments:

Susi's Quarter said...

Laying down reading, Dick you must be dreaming. I do set up in bed and keep toes warm while I read but would never make it to the end of sentence if I laid down. Blessings. I would have loved to have seen that article about the gold find. I just watch so little tv.

Susi's Quarter said...

Laying down reading, Dick you must be dreaming. I do set up in bed and keep toes warm while I read but would never make it to the end of sentence if I laid down. Blessings. I would have loved to have seen that article about the gold find. I just watch so little tv.