Monday, April 5, 2010

Clutter On My Mind


I believe that men are generally still a little afraid of the dark, though the witches are all hung, and Christianity and candles have been introduced. (Henry David Thoreau, Walden, p. 172)

******

Looking at boxes and boxes of floppy discs quickly makes one realize just how inefficient it is to try to catalog the contents of hundreds of discs containing hundreds or even thousands of files. The good thing about floppies is that only one floppy at a time is vulnerable to destruction.

I've done preliminary labeling on about thirty of my unlabeled floppy discs. I going to put some external labels on some of the boxes before I return the discs to the boxes. I think that will help me find files when I want them.

I watched part of another episode of the show about hoarding last night. This issue is serious and I think not easily dealt with. It's upsetting to watch. In my opinion they aren't doing a very good job of educating the viewers about what the afflicted person goes through.

Mr. Dickie
5/Apr/2010 8:41

No comments: