Friday, April 2, 2010

Good Friday


Painful though it may be for us to admit it, here in this great land of America, we're losing touch with one another. The motivation to help, to encourage, yes, to serve our fellow man is waning. (Charles R. Swindoll, Wisdom For The Way, p. 96)
2/Apr/2010 9:39

******

Melva worked in the backyard resetting some of the stones around one of her flowerbeds. I worked in the shed reviewing a box of darkroom supplies, all of which I decided to either throw away or donate to the thrift shop. I also continued my review of several notebooks full of paper about, now obsolete, computer interests. I took the paper out of several notebooks and placed it in the recycle bin. Today I'll put out four of the old notebooks and some very ugly flattened cardboard boxes for trash pickup. I've made good progress on my project to review the boxes of notes in the shed. I've looked at the contents of every box at least twice and I eliminated more than half of the boxes. I have a hunch that I will never miss anything I was able to discard.

I went to the Computer Club meeting. I enjoyed hearing about, and seeing, the little robot car that Ted built. Watching how the car learned how to navigate a maze was very impressive. The program chairman and various club members continue to do a great job of providing us with interesting speakers.

Mr. Dickie
2/Apr/2010 9:47

No comments: