Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Sunday


When you find yourself rationalizing your actions, it's time to pause and truthfully assess your motives, your actions, and their potential consequences. .. The sad but amusing side of rationalization is thinking that you are brilliant while you are acting foolishly. (The One Year Mini For Men, 22 March)

******

Melva worked for someone else yesterday. All day I kept thinking it was Sunday. I went for a walk in the neighborhood. I stopped several times to talk with people.

About a year ago, when renters moved out of a house on Hendricks they left a pile of trash on the concrete patio behind the house. I tried several different ways to get that junk removed. After I talked to the county inspector I gave up and just put some of the small pieces out for trash pickup on two occasions. Imagine my surprise at the end of this week when I looked over at the patio when I walked past and everything was gone. I wonder if anyone living down there will know, "the rest of the story."

I'm still working on the project to label my floppy discs. It's a multi-step process. First I take a quick look to see what's on the disc. Then I attach a Post-It to the floppy. Later I come back and review my note while I write a label to affix to the disc. I'm glad I didn't count the number of floppies without labels before I started. I'm finding some files that don't mean a thing to me. I'm finding others that have information I can share on my two genealogy blogs.

Mr. Dickie
4/Apr/2010 8:40

No comments: