Monday, November 3, 2008

Wake-Up Call

Try to have an unequivocal willingness to do whatever is necessary to maintain your physical and emotional well-being. (Adapted from A Time to Be Free, 27 October)

Yesterday I had another wake-up call. When I opened the top of my laptop I heard the sound of breaking plastic. The righthand hinge on the screen broke. Good grief! Needless to say that event got my attention. I think I can continue to use the laptop if I can just remember to leave the open screen alone.

I talked with my daughter about NetZero. She used to use that service to get on AOL when we both wanted to be online at the same time. They offer free dial-up connection to the Internet if you can get by with less than ten hours a month. If I don't go to the AOL genealogy chat I might be able to get by with only ten hours. I'm considering trying it out before we tell AOL we aren't going to pay them anymore for access to the Internet. If I can get NetZero to work I think I will still be able to access AOL and my Google blogs.

I didn't post anything to my blogs yesterday. I wasn't inspired.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: