Saturday, November 22, 2008

The Red "X"

My memories are precious because they belong to me. Today I'll take a minute to reflect on something pleasant from myt childhood [or my life]. (Soul Searching, p.; 263)

My sense of humor blesses me with a positive, lighthearted approach to life. (Colleen Zuck, et al., Daily Word For Healing, pl. 260)

I will be proud of all my accomplishments (minor and major) this past year, and grateful to God. If I can't think of an accomplishment, I will be grateful for simply making it through the year. (Soul Searching, p. 312)

On Thursday I went to the computer club meeting at the Bowie Senior Center. I thought I'd finally learned how to fix a problem with graphic displays from the Internet. The most curious manifestation of the problem occurs when I am using Facebook. Sometimes images that I've seen before disappear and the little box with the red "X" appears. Because I use AOL to access the Internet there are two ways to sign on to Facebook. I can either sign on from AOL or while running AOL I can also invoke the Internet Explorer 6.0. At the meeting I learned how to set security with Internet Explorer. I thought this would be the answer to the problem. Apparently it wasn't. I did learn that I can "right click" on the red "X" to cause the image to display. That seems to work every time. A couple of years ago I had this problem with the homepage of one of the Monroe County, Ohio genealogy websites. I worked with the webmaster for a while trying to understand the problem. We never did get it resolved.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: