Tuesday, November 25, 2008

More Facebook Fun

As you acquire objects, and you use them, you should keep in mind that they are the products of people's work. When you damage or destroy these objects, you damage or destroy the toil, and this part of the life, of other people. (Leo Tolstoy, A Calendar of Wisdom, 25 March)

The thoughts that come often unsought, and, as it were, drop into the mind, are commonly the most valuable of any we have. (John Locke in At My Best, 13 November)


Yesterday I tried to learn more about how to use Facebook. I thought I included one "bird" photograph. I was surprised when the same photo appeared twice, in two different sizes. After I finished experimenting Facebook crashed when I signed on from AOL. I deleted the larger photograph and the problem seemed to disappear. There's always lots to learn and often it isn't easy to understand what causes the computer or Internet problems when something breaks. Often I think it is a fragile "house of cards" ready to fall down right in front of me. I suppose some find working on these problems challenging. For me they are an annoyance and cause quite a bit of anxiety.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: