Friday, November 28, 2008

Giving Thanks

You simply will not be the same person two months from now after consciously giving thanks each day for the abundance that exists in your life. And you will have set in motion an ancient spiritual law: the more you have and are grateful for, the more will be given to you.
(Sarah Ban Breathnach, in Thinking Outside the Church by Jennifer Leigh Selig, p. 238)



  • At four o'clock yesterday afternoon we went to Cyndi's apartment for our Thanksgiving meal. Melva furnished some of the food and Cyndi furnished the rest. We arrived just before the start of the rather one-sided football game between the Dallas Cowboys and the Seattle Seahawks. Dallas was just too good. Everything on the table was delicious. We waited until after the game to eat the pumpkin pie. I asked Melva and Cyndi to take some photographs of be since I was wearing a long sleeved shirt and tie. I also took several shots of Melva. Maybe I'll post the best one of each of us in the next couple of days.

  • This morning I brought up the box of Christmas cassette tapes and the box of Christmas CDs from the basement. There are probably enough albums to make it possible to only listen to each one once during the holiday season. When I was able to make my own CDs I put quite a few of my old LPs on CD. I think this will be the first year those have been available.

  • We wish everyone a calm holiday season in the days ahead.


Mr. Dickie

No comments: