Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Election Day

If the resolution we're about to make is highly charged with anger, resentment or bitterness, it would be wise to hold back until the hysteria has subsided and we have taken time to consider all the factors calmly. (One Day at a Time in Al-Anon, 29 October)

Today is probably the most important election in my lifetime. I remember when John Kennedy ran for president. Then there was much discussion about whether a Catholic should hold the office. The line at my polling place was all inside the school building. I was back at our house about an hour and a half after I left.

I'm thinking about what I will give up if I am no longer a paying member of AOL. At this point I don't think I'll give up very much. I think I'll no longer be able to use the two genealogy chatrooms. Since genealogy is seldom discussed in either room it won't be much of a loss. I can use the time I've been spending in those chatrooms for something more productive.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: