Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Pick Yourself Up

Posted by Picasa
Do not despair. Do not be disappointed if you see that you cannot accomplish all the good which you would like to accomplish. If you fall, try to stand up; try to overcome the obstacle before you. Get to the heart of the matter, to the essense of things. (Marcus Aurelius in A Calendar of Wisdom by Leo Tolstoy, 27 March)

Yesterday we went to the Veteran's Day Half-Price Sale at the thrift shop on New Hampshire Avenue. We each found a nice quilting book. I bought a Diana Krall CD that I'll probably give to one of my neighbors. I bought the May 2008 issue of PC World. It was a good joke on me. When I got home I discovered that the cover article had been removed from the middle of the magazine.
This week I have two appointments at the doctor. I'm taking care of some routine maintenance. Today I'm going to have a stress test. I'll be there about three hours.
We are going to establish Email contact with Vanessa, one of Melva's nieces.
Mr. Dickie

No comments: