Monday, September 1, 2008

Picasa


The best defense, in life, is to avoid taking offense. (Mr. Dickie after One Day at a Time in Al-Anon, 27 August)

In the interest of my health and peace of mind, it has become an ongoing challenge to find ways of increasing positive feelings - toward the people I encounter, the places I go, and the events that unfold in my life, day by day. (At My Best, 27 August)

There's an edit feature in the Google Picasa photograph program that is very clever and very useful. If a photograph is slightly out of kilter you can use this program to straighten the image. It's very easy to use. I've fixed several photos that I took with my copy stand.

On Sunday mornings I have been cleaning up trash from our house to the highway about two blocks away. There's a gas station on the corner which doesn't have any trash cans for the customers. This business contributes to lots of the trash that blows around on the street. Each week there is enough debris to fill one fairly large trash bag to capacity. While picking up the trash is somewhat annoying I find seeing the trash laying on the ground more annoying. I have a device that lets me pickup most items without bending.

Yesterday I spent some time taking more pictures with my copy stand. I'm having lots of fun. Afterwards I cleaned up the mess I'd made in the living room. I had things laying all over the place.

Mr. Dickie
Posted by Picasa

No comments: