Friday, September 26, 2008

Imagine


Photo: Mr. Dickie (Flower kaleidoscope)

The power of an imagined end [result], and it literally can only be imagined, lies in its ability to influence present choices. ... If I can imagine nothing, I do nothing - I choose nothing - and thereby allow my life to degenerate from being a story to being a mere succession of events in a twittering world. ... This power of the imagination links the past and present to the future, and gives us the possibility not only to know things, but to create whole new realities. (Daniel Taylor, The Healing Power of Stories, p. 70 and 28)

For the last several days I've noticed some tweaks of pain in my right arm. That's probably the carpal tunnel syndrome acting up. I have a wrist brace that seems to give some relief. I've been wearing it for several hours each day and haven't felt the pain. I'm determined to do all I can to avoid another operation.

Yesterday I uploaded some photographs to one of my AOL albums. There's an upload routine that allows me to use "drag and drop" to stage the photos I want to upload. With a phone line connection it's a little slow, but it works every time. I uploaded as many as ten photos at a time without any problem. Including a photo in an AOL journal is quick and easy once the photos have been staged in an AOL album. When I try to upload a photo from the computer to the journal that doesn't work very well. It takes so long I usually think it's "hung up."

The photo included with this blog entry was created with my digital camera. Maybe I should display a "before" and "after" photo so you can see the photo I had when I started the process.

Mr. Dickie
Posted by Picasa

No comments: