Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Wedding Photos


Experiencing God gives me a sense of tremendous peacefulness and love -- of losing my boundaires. I feel connected with something much larger than myself. I feel very much alive, as if I can feel the life force in every cell of my body. (Joan Borysenko in Thinking Outside the Church, by Jennifer Leigh Selig, p. 144)

A certain amount of quiet alone time, whether it is spent meditating, exercising, reading, listening to music, or being creative is, I think, essential for the mental health of most human beings. (Barbara Powell in Thinking Outsife the Church, by Jennifer Leigh Seligh, p. 297)

Today I finished reading Thinking Outside the Church, by Jennifer Leigh Selig. I bought the book on 21 Oct 2007 for fifty cents. I started reading on January 1st. I read a few pages each day. The two quotes today came from the book.

On Saturday the 13th of September 2008 we attended the wedding of Yessina Paiz and Keith Marston. I took quite a few photos at the church and the reception afterwards. I'm busy using the edit capability of my digital camera to edit the photos. Because I can make changes while the photos are still in the camera that I can't make on the computer I'm taking my time about moving the photos to my thumbdrive. Once the photos are on the computer I'll probably make a Picasa photo album to share with the Marston family.

This afternoon I used my copy stand to make copies of some of the black and white photographs in the notebook I located the other day in the basement. I was surprised when I discovered that many of the photos don't have anything about the subject written on the back. It's pretty hard to remember when a photo was taken when fifty years have gone by.

Mr. Dickie
Posted by Picasa

No comments: