Friday, September 12, 2008

Is Facebook Worth the Trouble?


Photo: Mr. Dickie (A plant in our backyard, grown for the color of it's foliage.)

You need a firm foundation of spiritual living that makes you truly humble, if you are to help others. (Alan L. Roeck, Look Two This Day, 31 August.

Self-pity is a soul-sickness that can blind us to our blessings. (At My Best, 29 August)

Yesterday, Facebook forced a new format on me. The Wall is no longer part of the Profile. There are tabs across the top of the page. I'd only been trying to understand how it worked for a few minutes when it crashed. I signed on again and within a couple more minutes it crashed again. I have very little tolerance for computer programs or Internet sites that don't work. I didn't bother to try a third time. I've already decided that using Facebook may be more trouble than it's worth. I've also quickly learned that if your friends are not actively posting to their own accounts using the service really isn't much fun. I enjoy posting to this Google blog. I like how it works and how it looks. If the issues I'm having with Facebook persist I'll delete my account. I'll be content to blog on Google.

Mr. Dickie
Posted by Picasa

No comments: