Thursday, September 25, 2008

They Broke It

Photo: Mr. Dickie (Greenbelt, MD - Farmer's Market)

On one side are those who believe, and on the other are those who choose to justify themselves, determined to stand before God on their own record. (Erwin Lutzer, in His Passion, Day 207)

Yesterday the conversion to a new Facebook format took place. From my point of view, it didn't go well. I use AOL and a phone connection to access the Internet. As soon as the first page of the new format is displayed Facebook crashes which once again enforces the credo, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." Earlier I'd tried the test version and experienced the same thing so I wasn't surprised that it didn't work.

I can start Internet Explorer after I sign on to AOL. That seemed to work. I was at least able to get signed on to Facebook and move from one page to another without a crash. I'll try using this method for a while before I decide to abandon Facebook for good.

Last night President Bush made a short speech about the financial crisis. It was about time! I suppose, if you don't have a clue about what to do, it's better to wait a while before talking to the American people. I didn't listen. I'm not interested in what a "lame duck" has to say. It's interesting that one of the key players in this financial crisis, the appointed Secretary of Treasury, has less than one hundred days left in his term. Maybe he's hoping that the next president will extend his appointment. It's something we all should be thinking about.

Mr. Dickie
Posted by Picasa

No comments: