Monday, September 29, 2008

Traveling

Photo: Miss Melva (Mr. Dickie at Greenbelt Park, Greenbelt, MD on a very hot 2008 summer day. Color photo altered to sepia tone using the camera photo editor.)

It may provide temporary relief to blame your unhappiness on your upbringing, or your spouse, or your unconscious mind, or society, or the phases of the moon, but blaming will not cure what ails you. (Daniel Taylor, The Healing Power of Stories, p. 142)

This will probably be the last entry to this blog until after October 11th. Tomorrow my daughter, Cyndi, and I will be traveling to Omaha, Nebraska. Cyndi will be there on business. I'll be visiting my cousins and the graves of my parents, aunts and grandparents. I'll also be driving to Wichita, Kansas to visit with my college roommate, Tom and his wife, Karen. I'm looking forward to seeing loved ones again.

Last evening Cyndi dropped by the house for a visit. She brought her laptop computer. She showed us the photos she took during her recent vacation in Italy and England.

I lost $10.00 gambling. I had a bet on the football game yesterday between the Redskins and the Cowboys. The Redskins won 26-24. Melva is ten dollars richer.

I sent a copy of a photograph of the college drill team to my friend, Jim, in Renton, WA. That prompted him to write me a nice long Email recollecting his involvement in the drill team and in the formation of the Pershing Rifles. I was a member of the Pershing Rifles staff and enjoyed the experience a great deal.

Ray, one of my genealogy buddies, is thinking about buying a new genealogy program. I recommended RootsMagic. I hope he will try out this program. The ability to create PDF files is worth the entire cost of the program.

Mr. Dickie
Posted by Picasa

No comments: