Friday, September 5, 2008

Future Trip


Photo: Miraflores Locks - Panama Canal (Artist - Juan Rodriguez)

We each write our own life script, although we're all actors in a collaborative effort. Every single one of us is the central player in our own comedy. (Vanceberg and Silverman, Family Feelings, 29 August)

... my attitude dictates the way I experience the world. (Courage to Change, 30 August)

Yesterday I wrote out a description of my travel plans for a trip I'm taking at the end of the month. My daughter, Cyndi, and I are going to Omaha, NE. She will be there on business and I will be visiting relatives and friends. I'm also going to drive to Wichita, KS to visit my college roommate and his wife. Email makes it very convenient to share information quickly.

I received news of the retirements and illnesses of several people I used to work with at The Library of Congress. It is so sad when retirements are prompted by serious illness. It always gives me pause for reflection.

Mr. Dickie
Posted by Picasa

No comments: