Thursday, September 11, 2008

Turning Points


There have been many different times in my life when I arrived at a turning point - a time of change. I know within my own heart and mind that each turning point is an opportunity to change my life for the better. (Colleen Zuck, Daily Word, Day 175)

Our greatest handicap is self-deception. We cannot recognize in ourselves the faults we criticize in others. (One Day At A Time in Al-Anon, 5 September)

Yesterday I attended the funeral of Louis John Pizzoli, one of my co-workers at The Library Congress. There were more than twenty members of The Library staff in attendance.

This morning I enrolled Melva in the next quilting class. They changed the enrollment process. The phone system no longer works. Now enrollment is via the Internet. Since the course catalog hadn't arrived I decided to drive to the community college campus to do the registration. When I got home the new catalog with the new instructions had arrived.

I'm trying to learn more about the website of my college alumni association. I've been signed on before. I wonder where I wrote down the UserName and password. To get back on I had to go through the various steps needed to renew my account. This time I wrote down the details. Now if I can just remember where I put that 3x5 card the next time I need it. I'm interested in the website because I think they may provide a special "college Email address." I think I need this if I want to make college friends on Facebook. There's too much to learn and too much to investigate.

Mr. Dickie
Posted by Picasa

No comments: