Friday, September 19, 2008

Picasa


Photo: (Corel)

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. (Chinese Proverb, in Meditations for Parents Who Do Too Much, by Jonathon and Wendy Lazear, 12 September)

In all our relationships there comes a time when we must do what we know is right. (Iyanla Vanzant, Acts of Faith, 9 September)

Yesterday afternoon I attended the computer club meeting at the Senior Center in Bowie. One of the members gave a talk about the Google photo management program, Picasa. The laptop that he used for the talk had the Beta version of Picasa3 installed. That made it a little hard to follow. I tried to keep my mouth shut during the talk. I wasn't very successful. I knew several things about how the program works that the presenter didn't. I thought it was a very good topic to present to the club.

We also discussed who would accept positions on the board for next year. The president, Dale Grant, has served for two years. He wants someone else to take over that job. The secretary agreed to serve another term as did the vice president/program chairman, Daniel. Mr. Grant got two members to volunteer to be on the program committee. The man sitting beside me agreed to become president. I still don't know his name.

The meeting took place at a new time, 12:30 p.m. which I think will be better than in the middle of the afternoon.

By the way I am still learning about how to use Picasa. One thing I don't like is when I point the program to my thumb drive it wants to index all the folders. I haven't been able to find a way to limit the indexing to just one folder at a time. Surely this must be an option.

Mr. Dickie
Posted by Picasa

No comments: