Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Genealogy


Photo: Mr. Dickie (Japanese Garden, Portland, Oregon)

"Change your thoughts and you change your world." (Norman Vincent Peale in Courage to Change, 30 August)

Every day is a new day. The past is gone, the future is still to come; but today is ours to do with as we will. (D.M. Prescott, Body, Mind and Spirit, 28 August)

One day at a time I can meet the challenges of life head-on instead of head-down. ("As We Understand" in Courage to Change, 29 August)

Yesterday I embarrassed myself when I tried to make a genealogy report about the Henthorn(e)s of England for two of my friends. I forgot to check how many generations were in my file. I didn't realize that there were seventeen. After I sent an Email with the report file attached I started thinking about the report. Then I did a test to find out how big the report should have been. The first report had ninety pages and the second had one hundred and two pages. I worried that both friends might have used their paper and ink to print out the smaller report.

Are you learning about your digital camera? Have you read the manual? Have you tried all of the options yet? Are you having fun with the new technology? Do you know how to put the pictures on your computer or a CD? If you need help ask someone else to be your mentor.

Mr. Dickie
Posted by Picasa

No comments: