Monday, December 1, 2008

Electronics Phobia

Do you want to limit the scope of the problems you have to deal with? Stop taking inventory of the problems of everyone you meet. Instead, take your own inventory. Then focus on trying to improve yourself. (Mr. Dickie after Courage to Change, 24 Nov 2008)

I'm willing to accept that something is not right. (Iyanla Vanzant, Faith in the Valley, p. 346)

When you let go of what is not working, you will make room for what is going to work. (Iyanla Vanzant, Faith in the Valley, p. 355)


  • My electronics phobia is working full time. I left the computer on all night because I didn't want to deal with the possibility that the thing wouldn't boot up this morning. That worked. I woke up in the middle of the night. I read from the books I read daily and listened to the new Sansa MP3 player. At one point it shut itself off. For several minutes I thought I wasn't going to be able to get it to come back on. I wonder what that's all about. It would be pretty funny if it stops working since I went to the trouble of printing out the twenty-six page manual and reading it yesterday.
  • Strange isn't it, the more cars, toys and appliances we own the more problems we bring into our lives. They are fun while they work and a pain in the neck when they don't.

Mr. Dickie

1 comment:

Mr. Dickie said...

I must really want to publish the item about limiting problems. I posted it two days in a row.

Oh well, it makes a good joke on me.

Mr. Dickie