Wednesday, December 17, 2008

This I Know


This I know without being told, 'Tis time to live as I grow old. 'Tis time short pleasures now to take, of little life the best to make and manage wisely the last stake. (Abraham Cowley in Family Feelings by Vanceburg and Silverman, 3 December)

There can be only one way to fight the general evil of life: it is in the moral, religious, and spiritual perfection of our own life. (A Calendar of Wisdom, by Leo Tolstoy, 16 January)

Acceptance may be one of the most difficult things to learn, for it means we must give up the desire to control our life and its outcome. (Body, Mind, and Spirit, 3 December)
  • Yesterday and today I've been working on my AOL Address Book. I'm trying to get ready to send out some Christmas greetings. Months ago, when my laptop computer quit working I lost access to the address file I maintained on the computer. Now I'm looking for a quick and easy way to recover. This morning I discovered that I should use the Control Key if I want to select only a few address records to work with. The AOL Help file wasn't any help in understanding how this works. I tested to see if I could print Avery address labels. That worked.
  • Every time I go up in the attic I try to bring down something that Melva and I can review for possible elimination. I think I see progress in clearing some of the clutter. Yesterday I brought down several photographs that we'd forgotten about. It probably wasn't a very good idea to store them up there where it gets so hot.
Mr. Dickie

No comments: