Friday, December 26, 2008

The Day After

The willingness to accept responsibility for one's own life is the source from which self-respect springs. (Joan Didion in Meditations For Parents Who Do Too Much by Jonathon and Wendy Lazear, 30 November)


Growing up is a good life's work. By attending to the health of my own spirit, I'm doing the best I can for everyone whose life touches mine. (Family Feelings, Vanceburg and Silverman, 1 December)


There is no way goodness, abundance and success can come to you if your affairs are not in order. (Acts of Faith, Iyanla Vanzant, 1 December)



  • Thanks to everyone who sent Christmas cards, letters, Emails and photos. We appreciate the time and effort. If you didn't get a copy of our Christmas letter and want one let me know. You might have been missed this year because of Address file issues.
  • This morning I had trouble getting my laptop started again. After about thrity minutes the problem went away as it has before. One of these days my luck is going to run out. I'm not sure I'm ready to deal with a new computer running the Vista operating system. Maybe the computer gremlins will force the issue.
  • Melva and I are enjoying our visit with Cyndi. I wasn't disappointed when they didn't invite me to go shopping this morning.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: