Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Things I Do Not Have To Do



Photo: The Print Shop

There are ... many things I do not have to do:

  • I don't have to understand everything. Some things are not my business, and others will simply never make sense to me.
  • I don't have to be reluctant to show my feelings. When I'm happy, I can give in to it! When I'm not, I can turn to my ... friends who help me to grow through the tough times.
  • I don't have to feel threatened by the future. I can take life one day at a time.
  • I don't have to feel guilty about the past. With the help of ... [my program], ... I can make amends and learn from the mistakes I have made.
  • I don't have to feel alone. ... there is always somebody to reach out to ...
  • I don't have to take responsibility for other people's choices. They have their own Higher Power to help them make their decisions.
  • I don't have to give up on my hopes and dreams -- my Higher Power is not limited by my lack of imagination.
    (Courage to Change, December 16)


For several days I haven't thought of anything I wanted to write about in my blog.

One of Melva's nephews posted some photos on Facebook who took during a weekend visit to Volcan. We enjoyed seeing the Christmas decorations and his daughter and her great aunt.

I'm working on our Christmas message. This year we will send most people the message via Email. We enjoy all of the Christmas cards and letters we receive from family and friends.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: