Thursday, December 18, 2008

Life Is Not The Problem

Life is not a problem. If we live, we live; if we die, we die; if we suffer, we suffer; it appears that we are the problem. (Alan Watts in Acts of Faith by Iyanla Vanzant, 4 December)

A good life is given only to those who make efforts to achieve it. (Leo Tolstoy, A Calendar of Wisdom, 27 June)

One irony of growing up and becoming mature is it's not quite as easy as we thought it would be. (Body, Mind, and Spirit, 8 December)



******


We are thankful for the Internet, Email, cellphones, satellites and phone cards. These new technologies have made such a profound difference in how we stay in touch with friends and loved ones.

Yesterday I finished our Christmas Email letter for 2008. This time I included a nativity image which I surrounded with holly leaves and berries. I also included a link to the song "Christmas Eve in Washington" written and sung by Maura Sullivan. At the end of the message I put in links to my four Google blogs. There's always some disappointed after sending the letter because some of the Email addresses no longer work.

Christmas Eve In Washington Maura Sullivan Original Recording

In the last week I added three new friends to my Facebook account. My AOL friend, Betty Hogan, was the one who encouraged me to create an account. It's been a lot of fun learning how social networking works. It's always a pleasant surprise when someone finds me and sends a request to be included.
Mr. Dickie

No comments: