Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Next Year


Photo: Drawing of ship in the Miraflores lock of the Panama Canal Zone - Juan Rodriguez.

  • ... I'm not zeroing in on one particular problem but rather participating in a whole host of solutions that can lead to emotional, physical, and spiritual health. (Courage to Change, 19 November)
  • Today I will be conscious of my actions. I know they will be more powerful than anything I might say. (Soul Searching, p. 327)
  • Try to avoid making judgments about yourself, especially by comparing yourself to others. Compare yourself only to perfection. (Leo Tolstoy, A Calendar of Wisdom, 8 May)
  • [Has anyone told you lately, "You're coming unplugged."? Maybe it's something to consider. What if you ran out of batteries and the electricity went off?] Let yourself experience a day without [computers, printers,] faxes, phones, cellphones, e-mail, television, radio, and [CD and MP3 players]. [Imagine] ... the effect ... on your sense of rhythm, your mood, your sense of self-worth, your relationship to others. (Mr. Dickie after M.J. Ryan in Instant Health and Happiness Boosters, 10 December)


I'm thinking about shutting down my two remaining genealogy blogs 'News" and "Obits" at the end of the year. I think my interest in making genealogy information available on the Internet has run its course. It's possible to just leave what I have posted already for folks to read, but that seems to miss the point. If I'm not going to add new information from time to time there's no reason for anyone to keep checking the blogs.


Mr. Dickie

No comments: