Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Good Television

[When] ... I am calm, I have a clear understanding of what is mine to do and the best way to go about doing it. (Collen Zuck, et al., Daily Word For Healing, p. 331)

If I am not walking the walk, there is little point in talking the talk. (Courage to Change, 9 December)

There is one time when procrastination is helpful, when you decide to worry about something tomorrow. (Mr. Dickie, after Instant Health and Happiness Boosters by M.J. Ryan, 14 December 2008)

Life is what happens while you are making other plans. (John Lennon, Family Feelings, Vanceburg and Silverman, 13 December)

We are enjoying the fact that the Internet makes it possible for family and friends in Panama, Canada, Italy and all over this country to keep in touch during this holiday season. It's Mr. Dickie's opinion that Christmas communications are much more personal now than they used to be. He embraces the use of the technology. Our thanks to everyone who took the time to write some year-end news.

Last night I watched a very interesting interview of Bill Gates conducted by Charlie Rose. It reminded me of how good television can be. They discussed the work of the Gates Foundation, its progress and Bill Gates vision for the future of the foundation. Once I discovered the program I watched until the end.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: