Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Library of Congress Visit


The life-affirming thoughts I think and the choices I make are the tools I use in shaping a life of meaning and purpose. (Colleen Zuck, et al., Daily Word for Healing, p. 290)

If you are living with another person, make an agreement that as soon as either of you starts to blame the other, you will end the argument. (Leo Tolstoy, A Calendar of Wisdom, 27 April)

I know not when my own harvest will come, but I must prepare for it by tending my seed and nuturing my plant along the way. (Soul Searching, p. 345)





Yesterday I spent the day at The Library of Congress (LOC). I hadn't visited in many months. We still have accounts at the Credit Union. I made the trip because I wanted to make certain the accounts were set up to our advantage. They weren't. One of the staff spent quite a bit of time making the necessary changes.

After I finished the bank business I went downstairs to visit with former co-workers in ITS. More than half of the cubicles are now occuplied by new folks. Quite a few of the people who still work there weren't at their desks. There were plenty of people around to visit. I enjoyed talking with everyone. I talked to my two Facebook friends and looked at all of the photos in Carole's photo album. By 4:00 p.m. I couldn't find anyone else to bore with my life story, so I left. I had a great time.

Melva is working on an eighteen block lap quilt. In the evening she laid all the blocks on the floor to see how they look together. It's going to be very nice.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: