Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Picasa Web Albums




Google offers a place to store photographs called Picasa Web Albums. I'm trying to understand how this works. So far I know that the photos I included in the various postings so far were automatically stored in this area.


I also discovered that an album of photos stored in Picasa can be included as a slideshow in a blog posting. I tested this feature and got it to work. I deleted the slideshow after the test because some of the images in the album repeated. I don't understand yet why that happened. I didn't want to delete the duplicates unless I could understand where each image is being used.


Next, I'm going to experiment with Picasa uploading to see if that works better than uploading a photo while typing a blog entry. Uploading a photograph as one of the steps in posting a blog entry isn't working very well. About 80% of the time the upload fails. That's driving me nuts.


There's always plenty to learn. Sometimes the instructions are good and sometimes they seem to assume a lot. It's fun when it works and very frustrating when it doesn't.


Mr. Dickie

No comments: