Sunday, June 29, 2008

Mr. Dickie's Boston Fern

Photo: Mr. Dickie

When I count on others for security, approval and prestige, I'm expecting too much of them and too little of myself. (A Time to Be Free, 22 May)

I'm competent in carrying out the duties of my life, even though at times it appears that I have a learning disability. (Mr. Dickie after, Meditations For Parents Who Do Too Much, by Jonathon and Wendy Lazear, 31 May)

The diningroom of my Grandmother, Augusta Carlson, had a bay window on the south side. For many years there was a beautiful Boston fern growing in front of the window. I remember how much I admired that fern each time we went to grandmother's house for a visit. The fern grew in that window until the house was sold. Aunt Ethel Swanson took the fern to her farm house near Colon, NE where she grew it near one of the south windows in her house.

Melva and I have several Boston ferns growing in our house. There are two ferns in this picture growing in front of the large livingroom window on the west side of our house.

Yesterday I learned more about the Google Picasa photo program. I downloaded the program and installed it on my laptop computer. After I started the program I found the button for the BlogThis! feature which allowed me to more quickly upload photos to this blog. I also was able to get the program to make a short movie that played with the RealPlayer. Late in the day I got the program to read my thumb drive looking for more photos. Many tiny thumbnail photos were produced on the screen. When I clicked on those I could view the image in a larger size. I think the program is going to be very handy.

Mr. Dickie

Mr. Dickie
Posted by Picasa

No comments: