Thursday, June 26, 2008

It's Too Hot For Comfort!

Photo: Corel

  • I have much more to be grateful for than I realize. Too often I don't remember to give thought to all the things in my life that I could enjoy and appreciate. (One Day at a Time in Al-Anon, 5 May)

Summer is here with a vengeance. Here in Washington, DC you can fry an egg on your car hood or your bald head.

For the last week I have been going to two of the AOL genealogy chatrooms in the evening. Both rooms have about one dozen visitors at a time. In the "Special Interests" room I have been reading profiles whenever anyone has taken time to create one. Many folks are so worried about the Internet they won't consider having a profile.

I believe it's a good idea to upload photographs that I want to use in my blogs ahead of time. This seems to work best. When I try to load a photo while I'm typing this kind of blog entry I often can't get it to work. There is one drawback that I am not comfortable with yet. The file names of the stored photos are very long and the process of acquiring the file name via copy and paste is somewhat tedious. There's probably something I don't understand. There often is.

I had an appointment this morning with my dermatologist. I got a clean bill of health. He told me to stay out of the sun and wear SPF 70 sunscreen when I have to be outside. He also told me to come back in a year because he could see sun damage that ought to be monitored at my age.

Mr. Dickie


No comments: