Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Henthorn Website Group

Photo: Corel

For a long time I have been thinking about whether I should create a Guestbook on my Henthorn genealogy website. I've never been impressed with the entries in most guestbooks. I wanted a way that would encourage visitors to the website to communicate with me and with other visitors to the website. One way that this might be accomplished is through the use of Groups. Free space for such a purpose is offered by AOL, MSN, Yahoo and Google. AOL has posted an announcement saying they will be dropping group support in July.

I decided to create the Henthorn Website Group on Google. If you are a visitor to my genealogy website I hope you will consider becoming a member of the group. The process is simple. Once you are a member please post a profile and message to introduce yourself. To start I set the access level to: Public.
Beside being able to create a profile and post messages you can comment on the messages that someone else posted. You can start a discussion about a topic you want to talk about. You can post files and you can post photographs. That's what I know so far.
I envision the Group as a place where people with similar research interests can post queries, share information and get to know one another. If you have any suggestions or questions let me know and we can work on them together.
Here's a HotLink that will take you to the Henthorn Website Group.
Remember to have fun with your genealogy and be willing to share with others.
Mr. Dickie

No comments: