Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Crazy Posting


Photo: Mr. Dickie & Melva at Yoho Family Reunion, New Martinsville, WV

More important than learning how to recall things is finding ways to forget things that are cluttering the mind. (Eric Butterworth, in At My Best, 2 Jun)

Last night I checked my Google Henthorn Website Group to see if anyone had become a member or made a new posting. There was one completely off-topic posting. I think this happens a lot on the Internet.

Someone posted a rather long message about Islam with lots of links to other websites. I wonder if this kind of posting is done manually or automatically. My first reaction was to send a message to the "idiot" who posted flaming him for making an off-topic posting. On second thought I decided the best thing to do was use the incident as a learning experience. I spent about fifteen minutes learning about how to use my website moderator tools to block the person who posted and to delete the posting.

I suppose I'll consider making the Group "private" if this kind of thing becomes a problem.

Yesterday evening after a storm passed through our neighbor came to the door to let us know there was a wonderful double arc rainbow to the east of the house. I grabbed my shoes and the new digital camera and rushed outside to see the show and take a few photographs. I hope I got something worth sharing on one of my blogs.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: