Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I'm Still Learning

Refuse to allow yourself to have low expectations about what you're capable of creating. (Dr. Wayne Dyer, Ten Secrets for Success and Inner Peace, p. 9)

Let me not expect easy solutions to my problems. Make me realize that many of my difficulties were created by me, by my own reactions to the happenings in my daily life. I ask only to be guided to a better way. (One Day At A Time in Al-Anon, 6 January)

I accept that things are the way things need to be. (Iyanla Vanzant, Until Today! 20 December)

******

My HP Laserjet 1020 is hooked up and working again with the old Gateway desktop computer. Yesterday I printed out two pages of a genealogy descendant chart I downloaded from a county website. The information pertains to the Clegg family of the Ohio River valley. I'm working on a Clegg project. I'm not quite sure whats the point in putting the names of lots of people on the Internet with the word "private" beside them.

I printed out a Gmail message that both of us need to read. It's a test of my new glasses. The font size is 6 or 8. I couldn't see a way to change the font size while printing from Gmail. I'll need to find some way around the problem.

Last night there was another accident on the Washington, DC Metro subway system. Two more workers were killed. The current manager had already annouced his intention to resign. I can't remember what date he set. I suppose Congress will want to investigate, as they always do when they see an opportunity to get themselves on television.

Mr. Dickie
26/Jan/2010 9:50

No comments: