Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Day-Tripper


If you're not in the midst of a trial, then you can be sure one is on it's way. That's the way of life on this earth, so we need to acknowledge it and be prepared. (Kay Arthur, Search My Heart, O God, 9 December)

It is not easy. The line of least resistance is the habit pattern we have built up over past years. Forming new habits is hard work. (Food For Thought, 19 December)

Now I see what I couldn't, wouldn't see! (Iyanla Vanzant, Faith in the Valley, p. 343)

******

I wanted to give Melva one of those Day-Tripper organizers because she needs a new address and telephone number book. I had an At-A-Glance book in the minivan. I bought it a long time ago at a thrift store and never used it. Yesterday we stopped at Staples where I bought one set of address / telephone pages for the binder I was going to give Melva. Later we stopped at the thrift store. I found a Day-Tripper binder with address / telephone pages for 80 cents. And I found a brand-new Mead organizer, sold by At-A-Glace for $2.19. The Mead organizer was very nice with all of the pages, plus a ruler, a page with pockets for business cards and a bag page with a zip lock. I bought both binders. When we got home I transferred the pages from the Day-Tripper to the Mead and gave the Mead binder to Melva. I kept the At-A-Glance binder for myself. I guess I'll make myself an address / telephone book too. I ended up with the empty Day-Tripper binder as an extra. I should have gone to the thrift store in the first place. I knew that!

My test to print at FedEx was a success. There was only one problem. After I used Internet Explorer the computer went crazy and IE loaded itself over and over. I had to shutdown the computer by turning off the power. I'm very concerned that this happened again. It's not a good sign.

Mr. Dickie
5/Jan/2010 10:26

No comments: