Monday, January 4, 2010

Daily Guideposts


The New Year lies before you
Like a spotless track of snow.
Be careful how you tread it,
For every mark will show.

(Anonymous, Daily Guideposts - 1986, 4 January, Isabel Champ)

******

In 1977 Norman Vincent Peale and his wife, Ruth, began publishing the annual Daily Guideposts books. Over recent years I have purchased, usually for less than a dollar each, used copies of nearly every copy from 1977 to 2008. In 2009 I was able to find 1986, 1990 and 2008. According to a list I carry in my wallet I still seek 1987 and 2009. I've read all volumes except the three I bought in 2009. It's my intention to read a page from each of those during 2010.

I'd like to find a copy of "Sunday Reading Stories," by Leo Tolstoy. I checked the library catalog this morning. My county doesn't have it. Some of the fifty-two stories may be in his book, "Divine and Human" which is available at the nearest branch. I'll have to check that out.

I created a 60-page PDF file with the postings I made to Mr. Dickie's Blog during the last 123 days of 2009. I'm planning to use the file for my test of printing at FedEx - Kinko's. If anyone wants a copy of the file just let me know and I will attach it to an Email and send it to you.

Mr. Dickie
4/Jan/2010 8:49

No comments: