Friday, June 5, 2009

In My Opinion

Whatever you may be sure of, be sure of this - that you are dreadfully like other people. (James Russell Lowell in One More Day by Sefra Kobrin Pitzele, 24 May)

If you really want to know who you are and what you are capable of achieving, you must be willing to live without the opinions of other people. (Iyanla Vanzant, Until Today! 2 May)

Why we subvert our own best interests is often a mystery, but we all know the frustration and despair of not doing what we should do and doing what we should not do. (Food For Thought, 24 May)

Let's examine our own motives to be sure we're not playing self-defeating games. We will have to dig deep for this kind of honesty, but it's well worth it. (One Day at a Time in Al-Anon, 30 May)
  • I'm trying out two Google options. You can install a search box in the deskbar at the bottom of the screen and you can install a sidebar that displays a clock, some news, your photos and your google blogs. The search box seems to work. I'm not so sure about the sidebar. It seems to lock up. I'm not sure whether I can discontinue the sidebar and keep the search box. I like how both options work, when they work.
  • I stopped at the Crofton library yesterday to return some CDs. When I came out of the building I ran into my stamp collecting friend, Jim Dail. We stopped and talked for quite a while. The stamp club still meets every Thursday night at the Bowie City Hall. I haven't attended a meeting in many years. This was the second time that Jim and I ran into each other at this library.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: