Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Have Some Fun With Life


Photo: Aztech New Media

Today, I will have some fun with life, with recovery, with people, and with my day. (Melody Beattie, The Language of Letting Go, 8 June)

... there is a big difference between loneliness and solitude. (Zalman Schachter-Shalomi in Nourishing the Soul, p. 235)

If we want to restore, maintain, and celebrate the good and meaningful things in life, we have to find the capacity to put them back into every aspect of our lives ... (Thomas M. Chappell in Nourshing the Soul, p. 203)

Character is developed by the daily discipline of duties done. (Alan L. Roeck, Look To This Day, Alan L. Roeck, 21 May)

Having boundaries doesn't complicate life; boundaries simply life. (Melody Beattie in Beyond Codependency found in The Language of Letting Go, 16 June)
  • Last night I visited the new webpages of the county library system again. In my opinion they paid a lot of money to buy something that isn't very user friendly. There don't seem to be any help screens. I managed to create a personal list and to post a couple of bibliographic records to the list. I think I have turned on the feature that will maintain a record of the books I check out. To test this I have to go to the library to check out something. There was one screen where there weren't any buttons to return to the previous screen. I had to use the browers "back" button. I created a toolbar icon for my personal page and placed it on the AOL toolbar.
  • I renewed by subscription to Smart Computing magazine and order a subscription for a friend. Anyone with a subscription has access to their extensive website and online versions of there four or five other magazines as well as back issues of SmartComputing. You can also request a daily Email which usually has three sections.
  • I placed the wireless phone I bought at a yard sale near my computer and hooked it to the phone line this morning. When Cyndi called I answered using this phone to find out whether I wasted my money or not. I didn't. It worked.
Mr. Dickie

No comments: