Sunday, June 14, 2009

Flag Day - 2009



... I seek to improve my conscious contact with God through prayer and meditation. How I do this is completely up to me. Perhaps I become more conscious of a Higher Power when I look for signs of guidance in people around me, or in the events and unexplained coincidences of my life. Or perhaps I see this Power further away from the world of logic and reason. I might look for answers through my feelings or my instincts, or my dreams. Maybe I pursue a more traditional spiritual path. Or I can decide to keep myself open to all of these possibilities. Whatever path I choose, I know I must keep trying as often as I can to follow the course offered to me by my Higher Power. Only in this way can I be confident of my actions; only in this way can I find the courage to change. (Courage to Change, 13 June)

We ought not to insist on everyone following in our footsteps, nor to take upon ourselves to give instructions in spirituality when, perhaps, we do not even know what it is. (Teresa of Avila in Courage to Change, 14 June)

No comments: