Thursday, June 18, 2009

A Good Finale



Photo: Aztech New Media

I am thankful for the adversities which have crossed my path and taught me tolerance, perseverance, self-control and some other virtues I might never have known. (Anonymous in Acts of Faith by Iyanla Vanzant, 8 June)

... I will use a spiritual patterm of living for the solution of all my problems. (One Day at a Time in Al-Anon, 6 June)

Our existence is chained to our human limitations, but through meditation and prayer we transcend them to a point where we grasp a concept of a Supreme Being in our midst. (Alan L. Roeck, Look To This Day, 31 May)

Part of being able to make a good finale in your life is to accept that your mistakes have given you the wisdom you have now. (Zalman Schachter-Shalomi in Nourishing the Soul, p. 236)

  • Yesterday I moved some music files from my laptop computer to a 4GB thumb drive. I filled it up. I also loaded some of the music on my Oasis portable player. I wanted something new to listen to the next time I go for a walk.
  • This afternoon I'm planning to attend the Bowie Seniors Computer Club meeting. The topic is robots. I also want to use one of the public computers to see if I can write some music to a CD-R so Melva can listen to the music in the car.
  • I'm trying to help my neighbor, Jim, learn more about his new laptop computer. I'm reminded of how much work is involved to learn how to use these machines. I'm also reminded of how much I don't know. People with newer computers always have things they can do that I can't do on an older computer.

Mr. Dickie

No comments: