Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Hummer


When you find a behavior or activity that produces a good feeling, put it on a list. Then, do it frequently.

Today, I will do one activity or behavior that I know will create a good feeling for me. If I'm uncertain about what I like, I will experiment with one behavior today.(Melody Beattie, The Language of Letting Go, 6 May)

I commit myself to take action today and to do those things I know I need to do to enrich my life and achieve my goals. (Susan Smith Jones, Choose To Live Each Day Fully, Day 143)

Today, I will not worry about other people's reactions, or events outside of my control. Instead, I will focus on my reactions. I will handle my life well today and trust that, tomorrow, I can do the same. (Melody Beattie, The Language of Letting Go, 31 May)
  • Does this make any sense? Yesterday the bankrupt General Motors, now sixty-percent owned by the federal government and thus the citizens of this country, sold their Hummer brand to some Chinese group for five-hundred million dollars. Why would our government allow this gas-gusling, road-hogging, military vehicle to be built and sold in this country by anyone? I can understand why our leaders and the leaders of General Motors might want to ripoff the Chinese for five hundred million. But, it just doesn't make sense if there is an energy shortage now or in the future to perpetuate the production of this vehicle for sale to civilians. No wonder the economy of this country has "gone to Hell in a handbasket." (Whatever that means.)
Mr. Dickie

No comments: